Chemical Peels are one of the most popular medical spa procedures in New York, providing smooth, youthful skin with minimal downtime. Whether you are looking for a healthy, refreshed look or an aggressive treatment to reduce your appearance several years, North Shore Med Spa has the ability to meet your needs.
Chemical Peels improve the appearance of the skin by reducing fine lines, age spots, scars and wrinkles, and are performed on an out-patient basis. Long Island Chemical Peels can take as little as one hour, allowing patients to receive treatment during a lunch hour before going back to the office.
The type of Chemical Peel needed is based on your skin’s condition and lifestyle. We perform a skin analysis that will help determine the most effective treatment for your skin. There are three types of peels available at North Shore Medical Spa: light, medium, and deep peels. Most patients begin with medium peels and progress to deep peels over the course of several treatments.
How Do Chemical Peels Work?
As we age, the process of removing dead skin takes longer, causing the skin on the surface to appear dull. Chemical Peels dissolve the bond between the dead cells at an accelerated rate, allowing the dead skin to be removed from the surface and revealing the smooth, healthy skin below. When performed by itself, the Chemical Peel takes just a few minutes with minimal discomfort and creates no downtime. In order to achieve the most dramatic results, we typically recommend a combination of Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion, and facials.
- Correction of sun damage
- Reduction or elimination of wrinkles
- Reduction of mild scarring
- Improvement of dark skin discoloration
- Removal of excessive blackheads
- Temporary reduction of excessive skin oils
- Reduction of elimination of the appearance of blood vessels
- Reduction of pore diameter
- Removal of keloidal scars
- Dark skin discoloration improvement in persons of color
The VI Peel is a skin-resurfacing chemical peel that stimulates collagen and increases celluar turnover to reveal smoother and more radiant skin.
VI Peel has a peel for each skin concern. With 5 custum blends targeted for each patients needs, VI Peel helps treat all skin concerns such as aging skin, active acne, acne scarring, melasma, sun damage, keratosis pilaris and much more.
What are the benefits of a VI Peel?
- Improve the tone, texture and clarity of the skin.
- Reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles and hyperpigmentation, including melasma.
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce acne and scarring from acne.