Fractional Skin Resurfacing is a common medical spa treatment in New York due to its quick and effective results. If you are looking for a speedy procedure that treats the signs of aging but cannot spare a lot of downtime, North Shore Med Spa can certainly help.
Long Island’s Fractional Skin Resurfacing treats only a portion of the skin each session with laser resurfacing technology. Only a fraction of your skin is directly treated with the laser thus promoting rapid healing for the surrounding untreated tissue. The skin’s wound healing response creates new collagen, in turn adding firmness and resilience to the skin.
At North Shore Med Spa, our Fractional Skin Resurfacing rejuvenates and resurfaces the skin through its tiny dot-like treatment of the skin. Our treatments can reduce and remove fine lines and wrinkles, repair sun damaged skin and reduce age spots, blemishes, acne scars and hyperpigmentation all with minimal downtime.
Benefits of ProFractional therapy include:
- Increased Patient Comfort
- Shorter Healing Times
- Tunable Results that can Range from Subtle to Dramatic.
Our Fractional Skin Resurfacing treatments are well tolerated and can be tailored to your specific skin condition and desired outcome. Long Island’s treatments may be performed with the use of a topical numbing cream or local anesthetic, depending on the treatment. Most skin areas can be treated. Although excellent results can be obtained in just one treatment, the number of treatments needed vary from patient to patient.
Immediately following the procedure, you may experience mild redness and a sensation similar to sunburn. Complete healing typically takes a few days and many of our patients at North Shore Med Spa are ready to head back to work and apply makeup a couple days after treatment. As your skin heals in the days following your treatment, you may notice a general tightening effect.
What to Expect from North Shore Med Spa’s ProFractional therapy:
- Increased Youthful Appearance of Skin
- Reduced fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring, age spots, birthmarks and blotchy patches on skin
- Improvement of skin texture
- Patients who experience an abnormal response to sunlight.
- Patients using photo-sensitizing medications or drugs.
- Patients who have used Accutane within the past 12 months.
- Patients who are pregnant.
- Patients with tanned skin.
- Patients with active infections or a history of skin cancer.
- Patients who experience abnormal wound healing.
- Patients with pacemakers or implantable metallic devices.
Before and After Photos of Fractional Skin Resurfacing Treatments: