Factors like pregnancy, rapid weight loss, and aging can often lead to pockets of loose, sagging skin that may not tighten even after dieting and exercising. Skin tightening is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that can tighten the skin by naturally inducing collagen and elastin production.
SkinTyte is a skin tightening treatment available at North Shore Med Spa that can help firm the skin on areas of the body that are loose and sagging.
What Is Skin Tightening?
Skin tightening is a non-invasive alternative to surgical skin tightening procedures such as facelift surgery. It uses high energy to heat the deepest layers of the skin and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin—two proteins that are naturally made by the body and contribute to firm, tight, and youthful-looking skin.
What Does Skin Tightening Do?
SkinTyte treatment can improve the appearance of drooping, loose skin on various parts of the body.
- Tighten loose skin on the face, including around the eyes, mouth, jowls, and cheeks
- Tighten loose, sagging skin on the neck, commonly known as “turkey neck”
- Tighten skin on the abdomen that may be loose or sagging due to pregnancy or rapid weight loss
- Tighten loose skin on the upper arms, commonly known as “bat wings”
What Are the Benefits of Skin Tightening?
One of the greatest benefits of skin tightening is that it is non-invasive. It requires no incisions or stitches and produces no downtime. People who get skin tightening can resume their usual activities following their treatment sessions.
Skin tightening offers other benefits, including:
- A rejuvenated appearance
- Greater self-esteem and confidence
- No surgery required
- It’s safe and has few side effects
- It causes minimal discomfort
- No scarring or peeling skin
- Increased collagen and elastin production
- Fewer fine lines and wrinkles
- Natural-looking results
- 30-minute treatment sessions
- Long-lasting results up to 12 months
Who Can Try Skin Tightening?
Skin tightening treatments with SkinTyte are ideal for anyone who wants to improve the appearance of loose, sagging skin on one or more parts of the body. Ideally, people who are good candidates for skin tightening have mild-to-moderate skin laxity and do not need dramatic results such as those produced by cosmetic surgeries.
Some people may not be ideal candidates for skin tightening, such as those who:
- Are pregnant
- Diagnosed with skin cancer
- Taking certain medications, such as Accutane
- Have pacemakers, defibrillators, or other implantable metallic devices
- Have active rosacea
- Have open blisters or sores
- Have connective tissue disorders
- Have dark or tanned skin
The best way to determine whether skin tightening may work is to request a consultation with a medical spa. The skincare experts at a medical spa can examine the skin and recommend the best treatment options.
How Many Skin Tightening Sessions Do You Need to See Results?
Most people need between three and five SkinTyte treatment sessions to see noticeable results. However, it is possible to see results after just one treatment.
Results from this skin tightening method usually last between three and 12 months, and it can be prolonged by practicing healthy lifestyle behaviors such as regular exercise, good nutrition, and stress management. Using quality skin care products may also extend results from skin tightening.
North Shore Med Spa offers a wide range of cosmetic services, including skin tightening and body contouring. Contact us today at (516) 441-5110 to request a consultation and learn more about our services.